Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Tohs at Singin' in the Rain Musical

"Good Morning
Sun beams will soon smile through
Good Morning
Good Morning to you and you and you and you"

 

 

 This tune has been rooted in my mind since last week :) Right after I watched the musical that was adapted from the same name 1952 movie- Singing in the rain . 

 The most iconic song of the musical would of coz be the title of the musical itself and so much so that most people only know and heard of the song rather than the story line of the musical itself! 

I have to admit I was one of those who doesn't know the story line at all ! Boy was I glad to have watched this musical  :D 

 


photo credit : Base Entertaiment

 

Set in the 1920s era depicting what Hollywood was like - moving from silent movies to having actual audio in films , this musical is packed with laughter, romance and lots of catchy tunes ! Lead stars Grant Almirall who plays Don Lockwood and Bethany Dickson who plays Kathy Seldon had quite a nice on stage chemistry going on.  The starlet of Hollywood, Lina Lamont,( played by Taryn-lee Hudson)  is bound to send you in a laughing stitch !I have to say, it was the character Lina Lamont that shines and kinda stolen the limelight in this musical .

Overall, Singin in the rain is entertaining and much better than I thought. I went in to the halls with no idea how it was like and left humming to the tunes !



I like where I was seated ..had a nice overall view of the stage.
I even managed to sneak a photo of the raining scene !

Be warned now if you have bought tickets to the first few rows ! :D



Here's a wefie of us at the musical :)

You can get your hands on some exclusive tee and umbrellas too !


check out the mini umbrella ! 

 Better hurry if you haven't get your hands on the tickets yet . Show's ending on the 26th of July !

Venue : MasterCard Theatres, Marina Bay Sands
Get your tickets from Sistic !  

No comments: