Monday, June 22, 2015

Spicilicious good time at Spicy Thai-Thai Cafe

In case you don't already know, I have a slight fetish for spicy soup. It's my love hate relationship with spicy stuff.. I love them and I hate them at the same time.

This time round, I found a place to satisfy my love for Tom yum goong. In fact, I have nothing but good reviews for most of the dishes I tried that night !

Situated just minutes away from Paya Lebar MRT station , under a block of flats is Spicy Thai-Thai Cafe. Just imagine coffee shop space with glass door and air conditioned in door seating with al fresco tables outside for mookata.

Spicy Thai-Thai Cafe was founded by homegrown businessman, Ron Poh five years ago. They used to be at Jalan Bersah, and I have always been wanting to go , but due to my procrastination, it took me so long to finally eat there ! Some of the dishes are quite new to me as they speicalises in Northern Thai ( Isan ) cuisine

Don't drool when you see my food pictures ~~~

What is Thai food if there were no chili?
FOUR TYPES ! Yes, 4 types of chili for you to go with the food ~

Drinks

Three specialdrinks to quench your thirst

Appetizers

Pick your poison to go with these wings ! 

Bbq wings are always a perrnial fav with both adults and kids ~
$6 -4 x, $9-6x  Eat them while they are hot !

 Next appetizer
I didn't quite like this.. but some of the group enjoyed it :)
 Cha Om is an omelette with dill ( not our usual dill )
These leafier dills are well-loved herby vegetable among Thais, Cambodians and Laotians

This Claypot Coconut Tom Yum Goong can't get any better !! 
Spicy coconuty goodness comes in two sizes $18, $28
It was spicy but not the type that will choke you !
I love it plus there are coconut slices in it!

Stunning presentation of this Thai style otak in a coconut husk
Hommok
  is one refreshing take..very different from the normal Thai otak we know .
 Overflowing of seafood and slices of coconut brings out the sweetness of this dish and 
balance out the spiciness :) thumbs up for this otak

Seafood dishes

Most of these seafood dishes are based on weight and seasonal pricing

I have never tried crabs when I had thai food before, 
this is the first Basil Black Pepper Crab for me !
Quite saucy, and goes well with rice . Crab was fresh and tasty too
But still, given a choice I will go for my usual Singapore style hehe

Chili Garlic Red Emperor Snapper was one of the fish
we had that night. Fresh and spicy, this is less fiery than
the 2nd fish dish we had. Fresh as it was, it was a little tough for my liking

Have you tried the cat fish?Here's your chance !
 Not the prettiest thing from the sea,
but one great dish to eat !
If you haven't already notice, the cat fish is
being heated by charcoal fire..great for keeping the dish constantly hot

Do not bother trying to pick the fish head, there is no meat there.
The best part of this dish has to be that spicy lemony soup!
Thai Walking Cat Fish with Spicy Lemon Soup $28
Drink it straight or mix it with the rice.. soo yummy ! 



After we have conquered the table full of food, it was time for dessert !

This plate of gold fish mango sticky rice were the  efforts of the staff at Spicy Thai  !
It was one of our foodie friends' birthday that day !
Totally cute !! and yes, can't go wrong with this dessert :)


This tapioca and coconut milk ($3.50) dessert may prove to be
just too heavy for after meals. But it's okay to share among a few people
They may wanna go a little easy on the coconut milk thou :)

Lemongrass jelly with Aloe vera cubes & Calamansi
This was heavenly ! Just the right dessert
to dose the spicy fiery food we just devoured ! :)
Cool and not too sweet...great on a warm hot day too ($2.50)

If you are looking for good Thai food that doesn't burn a hole in your pocket,
then you gotta try Spicy Thai!! Oh! By the way, they do have mookata too !

I am so going back for my tom yum goong ~

Spicy Thai- Thai Cafe


Address : Blk 115 Aljunied Avenue 2,
#01-35, Singapore 380115

Tel : +65 6747 8558

Opens Daily from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.

Facebook
Website





No comments: