So I managed to cook for my family recently using some of the new Lee Kum Kee menu orientated packet sauces!
Here's the first dish with recipe :)
Tomato Garlic Prawns
Ingridents needed :
- 1 Packet of Sauce for Tomato Garlic Prawn by Lee Kum Kee
- 250 grams prawns, you can choose to keep the prawn head intact if you like ( trimmed, de-veined, de-shelled )
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- spring onion or coriander for garnishing
- Heat a frying pan with some of your preferred cooking oil, I used olive oil
- Stir fry chopped garlic for about 30-40 secs before adding prawns in
- Pan fry prawns until they turn pink and about just cook.
- Add in Lee Kum Kee packet sauce ( depending on your preference, you can add 50ml of water if you prefer a saucy and less spicy dish.
- Let sauce and prawns simmer for 2 mins before serving .
- topped with spring onions or coriander for some garnish
It is really simple to cook with these sauces. This dish is done under 10 mins! :)
As I was cooking the dishes, a pot of soup has already been left cooking in the pot :)
Here's a pic of the ingredients needed
Drunken Chicken and veggie soup
- 1 packet of Soup base for drunken chicken hot pot by Lee Kum Kee
- 3 chicken thighs , separate bones and meat
- 1 corn chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 potatoes
- 1 white onion halved
- Add corn, carrots, onion and chicken bones to a pot
- Add in 4-5 cups of water
- Pour about 3/4 of the soup base by Lee Kum Kee
- Bring soup and ingredients to a boil on medium heat
- Once soup boils, add in the potato and chicken meat
- Soup is ready to drink in 30 mins !
- Of coz you can let the soup simmer longer for more flavor!
there is no need for other seasoning as all the indigents and soup base has enough seasoning and flavor for the soup ! :)
Here's the next dish using sauce for fried cod fillet
Pan fried Salmon with sauce for fried cod fillet
- 1 piece of salmon roughly about $6 from NTUC ( sorry, I forgot the weight )
- chives for garnish
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to the pan ( no need for oil if you are using a non stick pan and the fish itself does produce oil during the cooking process)
- Pan fry salmon till it is almost cooked
- Again, depending on your liking, portion the sauce accordingly.
- you may add the whole packet if you like bold flavors
- Let the fish cook in the sauce for 30 -60 secs on low heat
- It's ready to be served!
I hope you will have as much fun as I did cooking with these packet sauces from Lee Kum Kee!