Really!? It doesn't have to be so :) With Lee Kum Kee menu oriented packet sauces ,anyone can prepare tasty dishes as easy as 1.2.3 ! We witnessed how convenient and how simple it is to prepare 3 dishes n 1 soup in 30 mins by chef Edwin Lau just last week :) With these ready made sauces, each dishe can be completed in just 3 easy steps, allowing everyone to become master chefs in their own right :)
Last week, Alex and I joined so blogger friends at the Civil Service Club where Lee Kum Kee introduces 5 new variants of sauces to their existing 19 other flavors!
With 126 years of history and through relentless efforts in quality and innovation, Lee Kum Kee has come a long way. I am sure many of our mothers and families have one or two or even more bottles of Lee Kum Kee sauces and condiments in their kitchens and fridges :) Go take a look !
So many different grades of oyster and soya sauces to choose from..
wide range of condiments , XO sauce and packet sauces.
Doesn't this yet to be launched new packagin
for the oyster sauce looks good! ?
It is very easy to use and minimizes spillage and leakage
Let's proceed on! Let me show how what are the dishes Chef Edwin has whipped up ~
Oh, this is Chef Edwin concentrating at work !
See how serious he is in perfecting his dish!
Chef Edwin Lau currently helms the kitchen at Oca Grassa
More shots of him busy cooking :)
Here are the completed dishes and their respective recipes
1 packet Lee Kum Kee Soup Base for Drunken Chicken Hot Pot
50gm Streaky Bacon
1 packet Corn Kennel
1 packet Corn Kennel
· -In a pot boil water, add in Lee Kum Kee Soup Base for Drunken Chicken Hot Pot, cabbage, ½ packet of corn kennel and simmer for 10 minutes
· -Using a hand blender, blend soup mixture, monté with butter and strain.
· -In a frying pan, sauté bacon and corn.
· -In a soup bowl, place bacon and corn in it and add in soup slowly.
Honey Glazed Chicken with Asparagus
1 Packet Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Honey Garlic Spare Ribs
300gm Chicken leg ( diced)
50gm onion( diced)
50gm Asparagus (slice)
50gm Zucchini (diced)
( Olive Oil, Black Pepper, salt to taste )
- Peel and slice green asparagus and zucchini. Then blanch, refresh them with ice water and put aside.
· -Marinate chicken with Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Honey Garlic Spare Ribs for 10 minutes. -In a frying pan, sweat onion till fragrant, add in chicken and sear till brown, add in asparagus & zucchini and sauté.
Spicy Prawn and Tomato Pasta
1Pkt Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Tomato Garlic Prawns
200gm Tiger Prawn (Peeled)
60gm Cherry Tomato
1 clove Garlic
20gm Onion (dice)
150gm Spaghetti (Blanch)
40gm White Wine
· - Add in prawns and deglaze with white wine.
· - Add in Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Tomato Garlic Prawns.
· - Add in spaghetti and toss evenly.
· - Add in rucola salad and serve.
And here is the last dish Chef Edwin showed us that evening, it is also the dish which we
recreated after watching Chef Edwin cooked his version !
This is what we whipped up ~ I must say it tasted quite good :D
Korean Pork Salad
1 Pkt Lee Kum Kee Korean Marinade
200gm Pork Belly Slice
100gm Negi ( leek)
100gm Mesclun Salad
10gm Chili Powder
Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
·-- Marinate pork belly with Lee Kum Kee Korean Marinade for 10 minutes and pan fry till light golden brown.
·-- Thinly slice negi and mix mesclun salad.
·-- Mix salad with chili powder, chili oil, Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce & Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame oil.
· -- Toss pork and salad together and serve.
Here are some snap shots of our cooking procedure :)
The veggie for the salad
adding of the stir fried pork belly to the veggie..
Here's the salad we cooked!
Here's us in the Lee Kum Kee aprons! :D
You bet I will be pulling Alex to the kitchen more often!
Those with the numbers are the 5 new variants :)