Thursday, July 17, 2014

An evening at The Sound of Music

"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things" 

Hmm...I can hear you singing along with me~ 
Yes ! This is one of my all time favorite song  :) 
and it is non other than from the well loved musical 
" The Sound of Music" 


 This musical was quite part of my child hood days as I remembered clearly
that it was one of the first few movies I watched as little girl. 

Now watch the story unfolds in a theatrical play in front of you
as you get to take in the view of the wonderful real like stage set
( imagine hill tops, to interior of a church, to a storm complete with lighting! )
 to enjoying the amazing voices of the von Trapp children and the great casts! 


The musical tells a true story of Maria, the fun-loving governess who changes the lives of the widowed Captain von Trapp and his seven children by re-introducing them to music
culminating in the family’s flight across the Austrian mountains.  
This iconic musical is sure to work its magic once again, for young and old alike.

Be mesmerised by these well loved songs once again :) 
Do-Re-Mi’, ‘My Favorite Things’, ‘Climb Ev’ry Mountain’, ‘Sixteen Going on Seventeen’ and, of course, the glorious title song, ‘The Sound of Music


I was singing along to the tunes as they were being sung on stage~ 
I just can't help myself :) 

the casts - the children * played by 18 children from 
Singapore * , Captain von Trapp played by Andre Schwartz
and Maria played by the pretty Bethany Disckson
And boy does she look like Julie Andrews in that 
cute pixie hairstyle of hers!

You will be blown away by the mavolous voices of 
each and every of the actors 

 I just have to mention the role of Mother Abbess, 
played by Janelle Visaqie . Her rendition of 
"Climb every mountain'' is a crowd winner ! 
Her voice , powerful and crisp, made hitting the 
high notes seemed effortless :)

Why now, don't hesitate! Go get yourselves some tickets!  If you love the songs, you will enjoy 
an evening at the Sound of Music just like I did ! 

Ticket Price (excluding booking fee)
S$65, $95, $135, $165, $195

Performances
11July - 10 August 2014

Venue
Grand Theatre, MasterCard Theatres at Marina Bay Sands

Language
English

Duration
2 hours 20 minutes including a 20 minute interval

Get your tickets from :
Sistic 

Thanks to Base Entertainment for bringing in the show~!










No comments: