Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pita Pan dinner

Hello :)  Is it a surprise to see that this blog is still being updated? I haven't had much energy to update as much as I used to as it is just 7 more weeks to my big day! I have been socializing and going out for meals of coz but just lazy to update them here! :P

It was my birthday about 6 weeks ago. Some of my foodie friends decided to surprise me for a post birthday meal at Marina Square.


Pita pan opens a new outlet at the new dining edition at Marina square. It is an open concept diner which serves Mediterranean / middle eastern vegetarian food . Do not have the misconception that food here is bland and boring becos it is meatless.. on the contrary , we were all quite satisfied with the food we ate that evening!

 What you see here is the platter of dips and accompanying veggies. You can either combine all in the pita bread or eat the pita like prata with the dips and veg. We love all the various dips and the falafels are not oily at all at! It is a deep-fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas.



Here are some pita bread and the red food item in the pan you see here is Shakshuka.
(it is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, onions, often spiced with cumin. It is believed to have a Tunisian origin) The other one is cottage cheese with the same sauce base.

I am thankful for this bunch of friends and that they bother to make time to meet up despite their busy schedules . Looking forward to the next meet up with them !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colorful platter is sooooo good!

Eileen. 静 said...

It is ! I love it too :)