Thursday, September 06, 2012

Sweet treats from Overdoughs

What is a good weekend to you? For me, it would be good if my time was spent with friends over great conversation and delicious food!Sometimes a great game of sports or just spending quality time with my beloved makes my day too ;)

A few saturdays ago,( which by the way was a good wkend ,) I joined my foodie friends for some breakfast and sweet treats from Overdoughs. It's a simple decorated little deli/ takeaway joint at Waterloo street.You wouldn't miss this place for they stand out pretty much from the other shops!

They specialize  in savory breads, dips etc and sweet bake items from Spain, Turkey, Greece, Morocco and the Middle East.
 
We were there mainly for their tarts and cakes..so can't really comment on their other offerings :)

Just take a look at the shop front... How cute is that signage :) and check out the "window" seating :)





The interior : they have an open kitchen..and the communal table

That's me and Nelly at the 'window'
Passionfruit Cornflake Tart 
( intense flavor, best to go with tea or hmm kopi o! ) 

Desserts are meant to be shared~

My personal fave!
baklava- filo pastry with peanuts ..totally yummy!
It's kinda like mian jian kueh
 

Dark choco pomegranate tart
very rich! yumm..
I wouldn't eat a whole slice myself.. :P

Happy to be able to taste these desserts with friends..

Food taste better when shared among friends~

Overdoughs
Blk 261, Waterloo Centre, #01-24, Singapore 180261

Tues to Sun – 11am to 7pm
Closed on Mondays




No comments: