Thursday, October 01, 2009

Thoughts at 2 am

I normally do not have sudden outburst of anger and also am able to tolerate silly jokes made at my expense. It's okay to banter and crack few mindless jokes here and there as long as one doesn't go overboard. It is a thin line... between what is okay to joke about and what is not. Everyone's threshold for such things is different. Regardless the person being laughed at doesn't say a thing or the person laughed it off, it doesn't mean that it is okay for the teaser to go on and on about it. At the end of the day, pls have some respect for the people around us.

I have to admit though, sometimes my actions or the things I said can be the trigger point as to why others have to make stupid snide remarks about me. I know my flaws, I know my lacking... and my friends around me equally have their own flaws and shortcomings. But as a friend, I don't go around saying things to hurt them or make jokes out of it..I respect them.

There is a verse from the Bible I would like to share.. yes..u didn't read wrongly. Give me some credit... Bible Studies was one of my O level subjects you know.. and yeah..I passed it.. was it a B4? :P

Matthew 7:3-5 (New International Version)
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?

Let's not be quick to judge.. and let's not be quick with our tongues as well. It's a reminder to myself as well.. not to only look at other people's flaws, but instead, look at my own and do something about it first..

In any case, I felt good for standing up for myself just a few days ago. I have been a pushover many times in my life. And I guess my patience is up.. enough is enough :)

No comments: