Tuesday, September 02, 2008

From the desk of the pseudo busy one

Believe me.. I am still swamped with work, chores and other what nots for this week. The one thing I need most right now is s-l-e-e-p. There is just no greater pleasure other than sleep for the time being. Other things*besides the need for food* are just secondary now :P

My eye lids are kinda half closed as I am typing out this sentence. Do you have any idea how torturous is it to stay awake when all you wanna do is to just knock out? Boo hoo!! It takes a great deal of effort to pretend to be very bright and chirpy when your body feels otherwise. How many hours do you sleep? It just seems like we are sleeping lesser and lesser as compared to years ago. Generally my friends around me are clocking 5-7 hours of sleep each night.

It does take alot of self discipline to get the 'thumb of the rule', 'go by the book' 8 hours of sleep. I mean there are just so much to do in a day, and so little time. By the time we are done with work, it is already sundown. Grab a quick dinner and woah..it's already 10pm or so. How much 'me' time do we really get? So we just wanna have more time to do the things we wanna do. Some people stay up to watch tv, some stay up to party, while some stay up to play online games or surfing the net or just simply catching up with similar lifestyle friends on MSN. There are too many 'reasons' and 'temptations' to stay awake :P

Argh! Lets not disccus the above further. You can check here and here for more readings on sleep and related issues :)

--------------------

No comments: