Friday, August 01, 2008

Birthday Dinner Part One--Sun Dining

Tuesday 29th July
Sun dining @ Chijmes

I can never get tired of eating Japanese food.. I opted for Sun Dining at Chijmes for dinner with Chrissy, Eve and Nicole. Mark joined us at the last minute :) After a scrumptious dinner, we adjourned to Robertson Walk for desserts and was joined by Ruth. Thanks dear for taking the effort to come down on such a short notice..
----------------------

What I like about Sun dining is the presentation of the food. It really makes a whole lot of difference! Food seems yummier :P And you feel happy eating nice looking and equally yummy food :P
Starter: Salmon Belly Salad


Grilled Scallops with spicy cheese sauce



Chicken Teriyaki


Hokkiado Ramen (mine)


Chris and Mark both had soba ..nice presentation isn't it!?


Eve's beef bowl...yummy


Warm cozy lighting...


----------------

Laurent's Cafe and Chocolate Bar
Robertson Walk



I am sorry that I didn't do much research before going to this place. I just wanted to go somewhere I haven't been to , little did I know that I'd be disappointed.

Still, we had fun cam whoring :P

Eve and I both ordered the chocolate drink with ice cream. We were expecting really strong chocolate taste , creamy and all flavorful. At first taste, I tot my taste buds was playing a fool with me. It didn't exactly tasted nice, but neither was it horrid. So I proceeded to stir the mixture, hoping to improve on the texture and taste. I was disappointed with the result. The drink was very very powdery. I suspect the drink wasn't even mixed or blended properly and it makes every mouthful a pain to drink becoz of the powdery feeling. For $7.50, we really were expecting much more than just stupid chocolate powder -_-'' I might as well drink the ice chocolate over at coffee beans

The cakes comes with a higher price tag than other cafes too. But sad to say, the taste and texture just couldn't much the price.

4 Ladies and a Girl


Thanks Chrissy and Eve for the present!



More pictures coming up..

Preview.....




1 comment:

Julian said...

Isn't it great to be loved? You look fab babe! *grins*