Sunday, May 04, 2008

Combo Entry-- of Food, Sunscreen and shopping buys

Can you feel the heat creeping up your skin, trying to permeate into your tiny pores? I don't know about you, but sunscreen to skin is as essential as water is to our bodies. I try to use products that contains SPF on top of a layer of sunscreen ... anyway..

I would say it's best to wear sunscreen everyday...and depending on how fast your skin gets red.. you may have to reapply the lotion after a period of time. Some dermatologists recommend a SPF of 15 to be the min. but the thumb of rule is still the higher the SPF , the better.. as the higher the SPF, the better it blocks out UVB rays. I usually buy lotions that are able to block out UVA rays as well..and those with PA+++ blocks out UVA better ( the more +, the better)

Try to apply the sunscreen 30 mins before you go out.

Some sunscreens I am using
*the make up base contains sunscreen too...
but is not a replacing for sunscreen*


---------------------

The past week has been eventful like I mentioned in an earlier entry.. and my weekend is filled as well. It's my mum's birthday today (got her a yummy cake from bakerzin) and will be heading out for Mus' b.day celebration in awhile. Dinner with mum will be next week.

With the tight schedule I am facing now, I am gonna update what I have eaten for the week..hehe.. Pity I didn't snapped the jap dinner I had on Wed. Was at Nara (gold hill center) with 2 friends. It's my 2nd time at Nara and this time round it was really packed~! Nara serves delicious and fresh sashimi but service staff should be more conscientious even when it is full house. We had to 'remind' them a few times to serve our dinners. Other than that, the food and ambiance was good ( we had a private area to ourselves hehe)

Nara
167 Thomson Road, Goldhill Centre
Singapore 307619
Tel: 62566568

Sunday 27 Apr.
Sushi Tei

Salmon Miso Soup



Tuesday
Korean restaurant(newly opened last week) (just next to Nara)

Hotpot--
the food is being cook on the stove, kinda like stew. The soup's good, not too spicy. There's pork, tofu, veggie and a variety of mushroom. A very healthy dish~ You can eat it on it's own or with rice. The soup goes very well with rice. It is served with 6 different appetizers.



I love the anchovies and pickled radish


Thursday 1st May

Time for some catching up and shopping with Liz :) Been more than a month since I last met up with this dear friend. Sorry that I had to leave earlier that night ..



We had our dinner over at Soup Spoon. I up sized my meal but couldn't finish the sandwich :X



Saturday
Tea Time with Khim



-------------------

Eileen went shopping....
she couldn't resist the following











Okay,..that's it folks..it has been fun bringing you this entry

I am late... ciao

No comments: