Sunday, December 30, 2007

台北我来了!!Taipei trip ( I I ) --I was on TVBS news :)

Sunday 23rd Dec


So you wanna know how I landed myself on Taiwan's TVBS News? Right..Here's a quick run down :P After having a quick bite (breakfast) at the corner 'shop' opp. our hotel, we headed straight to 西门町(known as XMD from now on) for more shopping.

Shops in this shopping strip opens at 11am. Anyhow, the first shop of the day was Watsons and the moment we stepped in, we noticed there was a mini film crew consisting of a reporter and camera man. Nothing fantastic I thought and went on browsing the shelves of make up.

Just as I was happily choosing my items, someone tapped on my shoulders.

Oops. It was the female reporter..asking if she could ask me a few simple questions. I obliged and it only lasted no more than 2mins. It was about increase in prices of cosmetics in Taiwan.
I actually didn't give much thought to it..and soon forgotten all about it. Until my aunt called me around 12.30pm.

Yah :P she was watching TVBS 12 noon news on cable and yeah, she was surprised to see me being 'interviewed'. hehe. I guess my Mandarin isn't that bad after all :P


Moving on..... 好吃的来了!!

A must try in XMD




There are no seats ..so everyone simply stand around to eat..Smart of the owner in a way as
it creates buzz and attracts other customers to try the mee sua.

As I was saying, we were shopping around XMD and after we were done, we took a train down to the city area for more sight seeing and shopping! Oh, did I mention it was raining most of the time ? But that didn't dampen our moods...we still had loads of fun despite the rain and cold weather!

First stop in town was at Taipei 101 :) Lunch was settled at 101's food court. I love this food court..it is big, and lots of variety to choose from. We even sported s'pore food ..Sergent's chicken rice..(same as the one in food republic )

Lunch
Simple 噜肉饭 but full of flavour! I am missing it already!



Sweet Treats (mochi) 麻薯 from 口福堂

We couldn't get enough of the sesame one. Really yummy .
The other white one contains red beans and strawberry...so sweet (literally) hehe




I suppose u guys by now can roughly gauge that besides shopping...the other thing to do in Taiwan would be to eat!

Shopping was kept to a minimal at 101 as it is more or less like Taka in S'pore...mostly of top brand names. It was a gloomy day sadly, so we ditched the idea of going up to the observatory..(can't see far on a wet rainy day..)

Also, the price of going up there to take a few pictures doesn't come cheap :P it is 350NT (S$ 16.50) and an extra 100NT if you wanna go up to the outdoor area .


Leaving 101......We have other malls to cover!! haha


It was raining rather heavily when we left 101 plus the cold winds ! You bet we were freezing.. :P Still it didn't stop us from trying out this ice cream joint in the adjourning mall(New York New York) We have Cold Rock in Holland Village, Taipei has Cold Stones :) Check out the website..



Yummy Yummy


Next up...新光三月shopping mall...there were some outdoor activities going on.The day was short , night falls pretty early..around 5.30pm ..and by 6ish pm..it is almost dark already.




more photos here :)



okay...shall stop here for now..more to come :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what is that fruit!!!!! :) Erm, better keep my mouth shut...hahaha.

Anonymous said...

is it Bing Lang?
haha
i think so although i hv not been to taiwan

Sheldon Wee said...

So qiao on tv ah lol. I guess that fruit is some uh, fortune orange. Haven ripe yet thats why green!

Eileen. 静 said...

yeah..it is bing lang :) betel nut