Friday, July 26, 2019

Losing More Than 5kg with Absolute Wellness Without Extreme Diets or Exercise

Some of you would’ve known by now that I’ve been on a weight loss journey since late last year. It wasn’t easy! The problem for me was that my weight would always rebound and I could never seem to keep my weight down.


By combining diet (no carbs & low fat) as well as exercising, I initially managed to bring my weight down by a few kilograms. However, it very quickly came to a plateau even though I’d kept up my regime – a problem that I’m sure many middle-aged ladies fast. To make things worse, my weight went up by another 1.5 kg after my April trip to Korea, undoing all the weight loss I’ve worked so hard for.
It’s really discouraging.
Not to mention it’s really tough for someone in their 40s to lose weight once his/her metabolism has dipped badly! 

This is when I found out about Absolute Wellness’s metabolism-boosting CSH therapy treatment and decided to give them a try.

About Absolute Wellness

Absolute Wellness started as a home-based business founded by Irene Chye. With a history of 17 years in the weight management industry, Absolute Wellness uses a natural technique known as the CSH therapy!
This is based on a traditional Chinese approach (there is scraping, cupping and heat treatment involved)… which aids in detoxification as well as improves one’s metabolism rate in a lasting, long-term way.
The long-term part is important – because slimming isn’t just about losing weight, it’s also about keeping it off!

By going for an hour-long treatment twice a week, I saw a decrease of 4kg in just a matter of 4 weeks. 
Believe it or not, I am now 2 sizes smaller! In just 4 weeks!
This isn’t just water loss – I'm seeing my fat going down from 30% to 27%. My tummy shrunk by 3.5cm too, and the same happened for other stubborn areas like my thighs and hips.
Speaking of results, all clients get access to a mobile app that allows them to track their results. Here are mine as recorded on the app:
I have to add on that one does not have to take any meal replacement shakes, supplements nor starve to achieve weight loss at Absolute Wellness. No exercise required also. It is all 100% natural and non-invasive!


How I feel about my body 

I was a whopping 56kg when I started my first treatment with Absolute Wellness. This was me at my heaviest:


A person standing next to a waterfall

Description automatically generated

I would say my heavy weight was a result of the mindless snacking I did throughout the day, as well as the tasting events I was invited to. Of course, my terrible metabolism also had a part to play. My other half was also tired of my constant ranting of how fat I was back then!

I wasn’t happy with how I looked at all!
All thanks to the kind and patient therapists for guiding me with the meal plans and motivating me throughout the 8 sessions. For the first time in a long time, I could finally lose a significant amount of weight and keep it off with relatively little effort.

It was a delight feeling lighter, and able to fit into 2 sizes smaller than when I started! Awesome


How are the treatments carried out?

Scraping: The friendly therapist would apply specially formulated moisturiser and will proceed to scrap the acupoints (with a flat applicator) on my trouble areas such as stomach, thighs, legs and arms. By doing so, it helps in blood circulation as well as flushing out toxins.

Cupping: By having these small cup like applicators placed on the acupoints, they help to loosen up the tissues. Do note that you may experience ant bite-like sensation and this is quite normal when it comes to cupping therapy. Personally I found it bearable. Additionally, the cups may also leave some red marks on parts of your body (mostly on my upper arms) but they do fade away in 3-4 days’ time. If you wear short-sleeved tops, they’ll be covered.
Heat Treatment: By having indirect heat applied to my problem areas such as stomach and lower back, it aids in speeding up the fat loss in specific problem areas. If you’re trying to target stubborn fat in your love handles or upper arms or thighs, you can consider this


The treatment controls your appetite
One very important benefit of CSH therapy is that it helped to curb my appetite and, also, my unhealthy cravings for sugary drinks like Coke! I started to notice this after the 2nd session. Coke used to be my “happy drink” but I found that I no longer feel the craving to consume that anymore!
In terms of food, there are specific foods I was told to avoid or cut back on during the treatment.
I’m not gonna lie, there’s no way I could’ve gotten such fantastic results if I was binging on fast food
every night. I did NOT have to go hungry during the treatment, but I was told if I wanted to get the
best results, I should cut down on stuff like refined carbs and sugar, at least during the 4-week period.
Once the treatment is over, I will be able to resume eating all those things and my weight will not rebound.
Fortunately for me, I have already been cutting down on rice and sugary snacks before the treatment,
so it’s not a big deal for me. Over the past 4 weeks, I still got to enjoy my fav protein such as chicken
and fish as well as salad and fruits!
It is important to get support from friends and family around you. Do let them know they you are on
a “clean-eating” period. I am lucky to get a bunch of supportive colleagues who also joined me in this
healthy eating journey! It definitely helped a lot! I also informed my family members of my meal plans
so that they know why I am not consuming certain food items. 


Salad lunch in the office 

More colorful salads !



My breakfast on some of the mornings

Don’t fret too much if you have a few cheat meals. There are some social events that I had to attend, such
as one wedding dinner and company events. It didn’t affect my overall progress at all.
If you foresee yourself feasting on something heavy, simply cut down for the next meal.
Whenever possible, I tried to avoid carbs and also asked for a smaller serving when dining out with
friends and colleagues.
Of course with the progress of the treatment, I was able to control my food intake much better as
the treatment curbed my appetite!

Feeling happier after just 8 sessions! 
I couldn’t feel any happier after losing inches all over. Friends’ comments on how well I look these
days is so pleasing to hear. They also mentioned that I look more refreshed and not as sluggish as I
used to be. And I agree! One of my biggest supporter for this journey would have to be my other half.
He has been there cheering me on since day 1 of my change in eating habits as well as the treatment.
Being able to be happy and feel good about myself is one of best rewards to my husband. He could see
that I became so much more confident in the way I carry myself!

Now that I’ve shrunk by 2 sizes, being able to fit into clothes I kept
from a few years back and being able to put them on again is also one of my biggest motivating factors! 

 
I have 4 more sessions to go! Do cheer me on and watch this space for more updates!


Absolute Wellness

Bugis Cube
470 North Bridge Rd, 
#04-23, Singapore 188735
Tel: 6837 0640

 Orchard Central
181 Orchard Rd, 
#03-20, Singapore 238896
Tel: 6
509 9123

No comments: