Monday, May 11, 2009

Of Old Town White Coffee Cafe & Crazy afternoon at TCC

I was the last to arrive at OldTown, all 3 of them-- Chris, Ruth & Constance had already gobbled up their meals while waiting for me :p

The minute i sat down, the 3 of them chorused to me to order the redang chicken for lunch. It was consensual that it is a must eat.

Well, after scanning thru the menu, i decided to go with what my friends have eaten...and also ordered the black current smoothie.

Food didn't take long to come. I was astonished to see the huge portion..

The chicken was totally buried under the thick redang paste. It was accompanied by sambal chilli, a few pieces of keropok n slices of cucumber. I was in heaven with the first mouthful of the paste and chicken. It was flavorful! The sambal chilli was alright, and it added some balance to the sweet redang. I was quite impress with the big serving of chicken...though it got to a point where the redang proves to be a tad too jelat for me to continue eating.

I would say that it was a good meal overall.. plus the black current smoothie had the right amount of sweetness, not eeky sweet or what. Which was good to wash down the redang with :P

It wasn't a super cheap lunch -- cost $13.60 ( after taxes)

Do note that they accept CASH only at the moment..we did asked why no nets or c.cards...the cashier replied that they are in the process of getting that.. we'll see :)


This is not an 'everyday' food
It is totally bad bad bad hahaha
bad food always taste good


Hmm..
it's more like ice blended than smoothie


thanks Chrissy for this pic
This was taken with her new Samsung Pixon

  • 17 Yuk Tong Ave
    (Corner of Chun Tin Road & Yuk Tong Ave)

----------------------------------

Saturday 9th May

It was a much awaited dimsum buffet and reservations were made close to two mths ago. Sadly, I had to forgo it since most of the items are seafood based. Doesn't make sense to pay for the same amount while not being able to devour all the dishes :P

So I only join my friends after they are done with the lunch. Weather was a killer that afternoon, so I slapped on a huge dollop of sunscreen and don a halter top from eons ago. Erm.. it seemed a tad too low cut to be worn in the day..but it was such a hot day :P

I can so spend a lazy afternoon doing this all the time! It was just mindless converstation at Circular Road TCC. It was my 3rd visit there..and it was one of my fav. outlet. The 2nd level had bean bags place on the floor and you can just sit back and laze the day away..

Oh boy...i miss those days where i can just spend a day leisurely all by myself, without the phone ringing.... when can I relive just one day like that?

Tons of camwhoring, loads of crazy topics
and lots of laughter




TCC regularly play host to artists' artwork
What big eyes...


Hello Einstein


Oh boy...i miss those days where i can just spend a day leisurely all by myself, without the phone ringing.... when can I relive just one day like that?

No comments: