Monday, August 18, 2008

Saturday Performance at Malay Village

After rounds and rounds of rehearsals and practices, our performance was finally over and :)

The venue for last Saturday's performance was held at the Malay Village in Geylang Serai. It was my first time there ! I mean I've been to Geylang Serai and Haig Rd many times but never the Malay Village.

There were dances, wayang kulit as well as the kuda kepang trance. A large crowd has formed outside the hall as we played our final piece for the night. So by the time we went out, the trance has started! I tried squeezing to the front and only managed to see one of the guys 'eating' fire :P

Anyway, I think our group did put up a good show , though there were some minor hiccups along the way. Pity the drumming was off at some parts, resulting in some of us playing wrong parts or simply just stop playing. I guess we could have done a much better job considering we play pretty well during our practices. Did I mention that we practiced for 2 hours (2-4+pm) without air con? I was perspiring like mad.

The show couldn't have taken place without the collaboration of our group, the various dance groups as well as MCYS. I suppose some people found it boring and left half way, but most of our friends stayed till the end.

Some of the photos were taken off Mus' blog and one from the malay village blog.

peekture time

The hall that we preformed in
Audiences had to be seated on the floor :P ala kampong style hehe





Aerial view :P


dancers practicing


lights were off during the actual performance


the kompangs


with Deyana, Kim tiam and Alicia


Trios
Sherina sang well...


I dislike my top, the color and frills is horrible :P
gonna buy nicer ones soon


Serene came with some of her friends

No comments: