Monday, February 11, 2008

Eat drink laugh and have fun!! 吃喝玩乐过新年

Hi all..So that was it huh? The end of a long , tiring yet fun (perhaps for some of you...not exactly fun for me ) weekend and now it is back to reality :p

I wonder if it's the age issue..but most of my friends quipped that there isn't much of a festive mood in the recent years. Oh well... Lunar New Year seems more fun when we were kids. It was like THE best festive season of all (other than Christmas ) . Rite, now let's get on to the photos taken over the past few days :)


年初二 Friday 8th Feb


First stop of the day-- Sembawang (Christine's )

Surprisingly I travelled by train quite a fair bit over this CNY. Can't be help now that cab fares have increased by a significant percentage. ( can't bear to spend my ang bao money on that ) . So I endured the not so short journey from Toa Payoh to 3bawang with my mp3 and phone games keeping me company. I was so engross with my songs and games that I nearly missed the stop! ahaha.

It was the usual black jack scene over at the Lims :) that did add some cheer to the rather quiet mood I was feeling. I didn't stay too long and soon Chris, Mark , Nicole and me made our way to Clementi to visit Chris' family (娘家)



Chris all decked in the New year color!


Me at the back.. :)




Cheers! Evelyn and me


Nicole says Gong xi Gong xi


We parted ways after our cam whoring session, as Chris and family had to pop over to her grandma's ..so she dropped me at Tiong Bahru mrt station and I was once again on the 'roads' . Where to this time? Back to the north again.hhahaa..Yah.. I was going in rounds. Yet another not so short journey to Ang Mo Kio :)

Jandy and a mutual friend 'jio' me to watch CJ7 over at AMK hub. So I spend the quite a bit of time over at amk ( 5.30pm -10.30pm ) watching movie as well as eating and chatting with them :)
年初三 Saturday 9th Feb

I guess it can't be help that I was back at AMK again! Hahahha. Yah.. More visitations to do. Ex colleague , Eileen Ng invited me to her place for lunch :) It was good to meet up with the ladies..Veron and Wei ting were there to :) Oh well, no photos to show for this visitation ( forgot to take a snap shot with the girls :/ )


年初四 Sunday 10th Feb

I am back on the roads again..*yawn* (not enough sleep hahha) making my way down to the north east this time.


As with last year, I was the earliest to arrive at Lynn's! hahaha.. earliest despite being there much later than the stipulated time :p

I knew something's not quite the same the minute I saw Lynn. I mean, for someone who doesn't really have much of a tummy couldn't possibly put on that much weight in just one month. So I blurted if she's pregnant..and Yah!! she smiled and nodded! and the baby's ETA is pretty near my birthday.. a July baby :) I am so happy for her and Vince :)

me and the mummy to be :)



Lunch at the Lim's
Yummy curry chicken...


What I wore on the 4th day :P
new top and new bag !


The girls brought their kids along . They were pretty shy at first..but slowly they warmed up to us :)

Meet this young cutie! She has such big round doll like eyes! Very cute.... She has a very poetic name :) 善妤(shan yu )



Meet this pair of cute sibling :)
They were quite well behaved..and very soft spoken :) So adorable..
( In comparison, dear Nicole is the most outgoing of the lot~ ahhahaa.. )


Group picture!
Where is Vincent? hehe.. he was the one taking the photos..


Ah..now you see him! This shot was taken with the self timer ..

why am i in that ugly pose?
becoz i had to set the timer..and then dash back before it goes off :X


I bid goodbye to the lims around 6.30pm . I was suppose to meet a bunch of friends for dinner at Suntec..but it became the dinner that never took place. I could only have imagined how it would have been like. Don't feel like talking about it liao. Was quite angry actually...but I guess it's not worth it :P If you like..you may wanna read about it on my friend's blog.

So that was roughly about how I spend this lunar new year..with family and friends. Perhaps you're wondering how about my paternal relatives? Didn't I meet them? Well.. No . In fact, I am never close to them. Has been this way since young. I dread going over to my dad's side. So ever since my paternal grandma got admitted to an old folks' home, I have stopped going over.

3 comments:

Julian said...

The new top and bag looks fabulous on you! Good Choice....erm does that sound gayish? hee hee

incognito said...

those new year decor u saw in punggol are lighted up at night. they look pretty nice.

Eileen. 静 said...

julian-- you could have seen the top and bag if the dinner had taken place.. pity isn't it :X hahaaahhah

neil--awww... too bad... dun think i'll get the chance to see those lighted up decor :)