Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend (II)--of Tao's Modern Cuisine

I have seen the adverts on cable many a times..and finally had the chance to dine at Tao's. Yup, thanks to mr Yeo, Alicia and I got to enjoy the 7 course meal at Tao's situated over at Paradize Center.

It isn't a big restaurant, perhaps of 50+ seats. The service staff were rather friendly, the (i suppose) manager was able to recongized mr Yeo as he dined there a few times already. He was animated and made us felt at ease. The menu is fixed in a way. There are about 4-5 choices in each course to choose from. Flip side is, there is no ala carte nor kids' menu (can be pricey for kids since they are more likely than not to finish all the food )

Service is fast, we were served two drinks within 3 mins we were seated.



Alicia commented that the tea is pretty much hot water with a hint of floral fruity flavor :P True lah, not much of a taste to it. The mango drink was a nice touch to the start of dinner :)

Starter



Next up--salads

Alicia n mr Yeo opted for the farm boy salad. The dressing is slightly sweet with a tint of plum sauce in it


this is my salad


Appetizer? This dish is only available for the dinner menu
Lovely if u , like me, is a mushroom fan


soups galore

no prizes for guessing which is mine :P
Did you say mushroom? spot on! MrYeo had pumkin while Ali drank the sharkfin melon. Pumkin is nice, but just not for me. I found the sharkin melon soup too bland for my liking. My mushroom soup's flavorful ...it's the 'mushroom puree' kinda soup. Just the way I like it. Oh, actually by now I was already like 70% full!


Main course

Not too tough, but I would have rather it was not so well done :P

Mr Yeo's selection


The ribs were rather tender. In case u are wondering, the yellow item on the side is mashed pumkin :)

Alicia's pasta

Not too bad, but it's something pretty ordinary. Still I may just opt for this if I should dine there again :)

Drink and dessert to wash down the meal




Mixture of fruity and flora flavor. Goes well with the dessert

Isn't the top supposed to be burnt? Mine isn't at all :X Anyway I was too full to enjoy this. Managed to wiped out about half of it. Alicia couldn't finish either. Mr Yeo loves it to the last morsel.


So with this it concludes my dinning experience at taos :)
I may go back again if there is an occasion or if I am around the vicinity.

Here's their website


_____________________

Met a old pal... he's pretty much the same. Asked me if I could spot any changes (physical appearances) ...told him his nose seemed bigger than usual. It's good to catch up once awhile.


2 comments:

Sheldon Wee said...

The lamb rack like no meat one abit bo hua :(

Eileen. 静 said...

hehehe..but there are so many things to eat..so to me..it was quite filling :) maybe not from a guy's point of view