Saturday, December 15, 2007

Of soupy affairs ( tete-a-tete with gal friends)

Friday 14 Dec

It just isn't easy to meet up with some girl friends due to other commitments and working hours. Liz and I had plan to meet *just the two of us* for the longest time. It has been planned and cancelled once few weeks back. Finally we were able to catch up and have our tete -a-tete :)

She's one of the girls from Stomp whom I am able to get along with. I know myself, I don't warm up or get chummy with girls I hardly know. It's a surprise that the two of us can click :) Come to think about it, I have known most of them (stomp bunch) about 1 year odd already.

Ok..I shan't digress here.

Lunch with Liz was at Paragon Soup Spoon. It is one of my fav. joint for a simple n tasty meal. Liz loves it too and has been craving for it ..even though she just ate it last week :)



Hmm..half way thru our meal, this lady in her twenties walked right to the empty table next to us and plonk her branded bag on the seat and proceeded to the counter to order her food. It was quite strange..that is to me and Liz. I mean anyone..really anyone can just take the bag from the seat. Why would people wanna leave their impt personal items lying around like that? Are those seated around suppose to play police ..as in shout or try to deter anyone from taking the bag? No.. call me bad, call me mean..but if u choose to leave your bag unattended..I don't think I should look after it for u.

okay..see I swayed from the main topic again.. :p Yes yes, so we went shopping after our meal. Ah, I also collected the National Treasure movie ticket from M1 (sunperks rewards) . Free movie next tuesday.. Anyone? Raise your hands now..

It was really crowded everywhere in town. Everyone seems to be in a cheery mood :)

Well..we just had to take the obligatory pic
That's the Taka tree behind us :)


Stop by Delux by Bakerzin at Wisma for drinks and cake :)

Hmm..that 'chocolate mousse' thing on the cake doesn't really look nice :P But this is a very delicious piece of cake! Best of all, it's flour-less. It's all chocolate mousse



I really odd to smack myself hard for drinking this affogato!!


How many a times have I reminded myself never never to order coffee beverages, and how many times have I disobey myself. Sigh. I was okay ..feeling all festive and happy when Liz and I parted . But hell breaks loose at about 7pm..I came down with a terrible case of gastic (or was it indigestion)

So, no dinner for me. I kept burping.. lots of wind. I only managed to eat some cookies at midnight. There's more..what's worst is the espresso kept me up till about 3am... *pinches herself for being such a smart alec* I woke up , gone around doing my work and chores .. forgoing breakfast coz I wasn't even feeling hungry :x Only ate my lunch at about 1pm.

Dear friends, if u are reading this...pls pls stop me from ordering coffee drinks the next time. Kick me, pinch me, smack me...do what ever you need to prevent this from happening. *huggies*

*************

Had late dinner after movies with Jandy the other evening :) It was one of the nearest late night joint around PS. And I was craving for the seafood soup! Yah, the place is Mr bean. Nothing to shout about...the place is so run down. But the seafood soup rocks! It's my must eat everytime I am there. Jan likes it too. Go try it if you like spicy stuff and seafood :)



8 comments:

incognito said...

in previous pics i always thought the one beside you is suaku lol! neil

Eileen. 静 said...

hhahhaa..so incognito is u :)

nah..not suaku..but liz..now u know :P

Sheldon Wee said...

Eh I thought Mr Bean sells tau hway, you tiao and soya bean. Why got potato wedges and seafood soup?

Eileen. 静 said...

SC-- aiyoyo.. i guess it's either u don't hang out till late or u don't venture to this part of town. It's at selegie area...opp.parklane. It's just a 24 hour joint. Been around for ages..i think close to 10 over years :)

Julian said...

Erm did Liz just get a new hairdo? Nice! and I'll pinch you if you order coffee again! ha ha

Anonymous said...

wow...Liz looks vr pretty!! New hairdo? Short fringe?

Eileen. 静 said...

anon-- Who are u? Pls have the courtesy to leave your name the next time..thanks.

juilian

no liz still spots the same hairdo as u last saw her.

anyway..the pic is photoshopped :P

Anonymous said...

sorry sorry, is me, suaku...

I thought I already typed my name..