Saturday, November 24, 2007

Gathering with Stomp pals cum Farewell to Ami

One of the ladies in my stomp gang is leaving the boring rat race life in Singapore for a much nicer pace of life somewhere in Europe cannot reveal too much details. We were all happy for her that she is gonna be a tai tai soon for a period of 2 yrs :P Hope that at the end of the two yrs , she and her husband will have a new addition to their family :)

So we came together once again for a farewell dinner at Pasta de Waraku at Marina Square! It's my first time visiting this Jap 'fusion' pasta place. Given the fact how much I love Waraku, I was quite happy to be trying the food at this place:) Besides, I have heard from friends and read blog reviews about the food... I would say yeah, I wouldn't mind returning to try the other pastas in the menu :)

With most of us knowing one another for such a long period of time, it was quite surprising that it was the first meeting for some of them. Julian and Ivy finally met after one yr! Can't be help since these two fellas are parents themselves. Family comes first you know :) Even though we don't meet one another in a big group as often as we would like to, the close familiarity is there. That's what I like about my stomp gang!

Tagline: jap style healty pasta..
I disagree.. I had cream sauce base pasta! How healthy is that? Lots of chilli flakes and cheese were sprinkled onto my pasta too .. hurhur..so much for the healthy pasta :P



Not enough menu to go around? Never mind, order via the colourful display
But what you get in reality may not be as lovely as the plastic ones :/


伤脑精哟!!So many choices :P


pasta, pasta and more pasta~!
Each main dish comes with a tiny portion of salad


the black one sure stands out ~ Be careful when eating this squid ink one
Gonna get black teeth n lips! hehe . Okay, they may look bland but really they were yummy. In fact, all of us finish our food up to the last morselexcept for a few strands of spag


*close up view of my bacon and oyster*
Have u ever had a half boil egg in your pasta?


Say "ah "~
Just had to try Ivan's order of squid in pasta~


The group kinda break after dinner..with a few of them calling a night after the meal. The remaining gang proceeded to Gloria jeans for a little night cap and more laughters.

That's Ami, the sweet lady in blue with a string of black chain..
Hey, don't forget us :) Have a blast of a good time..and come back with a baby!
oops! Forgot to tag Joanna, a new addition to our gang :)
That's her in pink strips ...last photo :)


Oh, for a totally different point of view on this dinner gathering, do hop to Julian's blog for his rather witty and hilarious version. More pics there~

Coming up in my next entry-- Visit to Changi Airport T3 :)

4 comments:

incognito said...

ami going to europe bcos of hubby's job?

Julian said...

Yes your highness! we had fun didn't we? *sings* You gotta move it move it! ;)

Eileen. 静 said...

highness? queen? whahah.since when?

and where is my king :PpP

Eileen. 静 said...

pai seh..i accidently deleted this comment :P

cut and paste here..

Ivy has left a new comment on your post "Gathering with Stomp pals cum Farewell to Ami":

I promise, "NEXT TIME" I will stay longer...hehehehehe.