Sunday, October 21, 2007

Of yummy lasagna n chijmes picnic

It has been quite awhile since I last went to Great World City. I used to hang around there once upon a time . It was near to Mr.P's place. We would head over to Zion Road hawker center for his favorite noodles and carrot cake after shopping at Great world.

As it is, there was no direct bus service from my place to Zion Rd until recently. I was getting bored after chores and work yesterday, so decided to head out. I almost wanted to alight along Orchard Rd, but remembered that service 175 goes to Great world, hence decided on whim to window shop there instead :)

That's one of the reason why I sometimes enjoy shopping alone. You get to go where you like to . There is no need to 'consult' your friends and you get to decide how long you wanna shop :)

Oh well, the mall was packed with families and kiddies (quite a child friendly mall with shops/services catered to the little ones ) and I have always love their toilets~ How wonderful if toilets in other malls are like the ones found in Great world city. You know how teens and many girls love posing for a photo in the toilet? The ones in Great world would make lovely picture backgrounds :)

And so I roamed the mall and spend most of the time trying on clothes at Zara and Dorothy Perkins. No, I didn't manage to buy anything after all. But I had better luck at the basement ~ Food~ yup yup. I "ta pao" my dinner home at Gastronomia Da Paolo

The lasagna ($8.60 ) was delicious and very creamy~ it has my fav. mushrooms and fav. veg--spinach~~~~~~ Yeah, I am a big spinach fan :P

The penna cotta ( at $4.50, it was cheap ) is quite forgettable. I still prefer my fav. at Bakerzin




--------------

It seems almost like a weekly affair. I have been meeting this bunch of pals every friday (been 3 weeks hahha ) . Last Friday was rather interesting. I wouldn't have done this if not for this bunch of fun loving pals :) We actually had a picnic in the evening , right smack at the lawn of Chijmes :) Some of the guys brought along drinks and one of the girls packed us a basket of snacks .

The main reason for this picnic of sort was to watch a german jazz acapella group perform. They were in town to promote their album :)

Picnic @ Chijmes and part 2 at kopitiam




No comments: