Monday, October 22, 2007

Featuring my brother's latest gadget--- iPhone


My brother is the first person around me to get an iPhone. Bro's birthday is next Monday, so he decided to treat himself to this brand new toy of his :) (friend bought it from the States) . It is much cheaper to get it from the States as most mobile phone shops would just sell it at a much higher price. I did a search on HWZ and most of the listed shops are selling it from $928 - $950 . That's pricey :P


As it is a US phone and one that is usable only with the AT & T line, one must hack the system in order to use it locally. Bro managed to get assistance on that area from a church mate of his.

Okay, the first thing that caught my eye about the phone would be the resolution. Love it.. very crisp and clear :) and the phone itself is quite chic and sleek. It has all the basic functions plus other titbits such as the intergrated youtube player where you simply touch the youtube icon on the main menu and you can browse through the videos in youtube just like you would on a pc. Watching video and viewing pictures are a breeze with the wide screen.

Oh .. the sms function is good. As with most smart phones, it actually display the text messages in a conversational style, your previous msgs to your friend and your friend's to you are display clearly. But personally, I find it difficult to fumble through the touch screen keyboard to sms.

Look where i surfed to? :P my own blog . The iPhone uses the Safari browser. Just double tap on the screen to zoom in , and when you tip the phone to the side, it automatically lets you view the picture or what ever u are viewing in landscape form.






Other features
(which I may never use if I have an iPhone, except the youtube one)


Don't expect anything fancy with the built in camera. This phone is already packed with many fun stuff..so the camera is just a point and shoot 2 mega pixel one.

Anyway, I hope my brother finds it a good phone to use .... there are mix reviews for this phone. Some complained about the lagging, some complained about the volume of ringtone.. while others only have raves for it. I guess it depends on individual and what they want to get out of the iPhone.

1 comment:

Sheldon Wee said...

I want an iphone also o.o

But knowing that I'm quite messy and I tend to misplace things, maybe its better to put such a pricey thing out of my reach :(