Sunday, September 23, 2007

of Workshop and Facebook weekend



Saturday

Both Jan and I attended a workshop conducted by Women's weekly n Shishedo on how to be creative in life and work. The first speaker was animated and rather insightful . Can't say much about the other two. The makeup demo was mediocre. And the last segment was more of a marketing talk rather than one on creativity at the workplace :/ We felt shortchanged* yes this workshop is not free you know...*

Freebies


The workshop ended around 5+pm. We hanged around town and shopped abit. Just as we were wondering where to go for dinner, A.l called and said he was round the corner . He came by and we went for steamboat at Beach Road ( Golden Mile Thien kee steamboat ) .

They have been around for years. Business is roaring especially during the weekends. People stream to this old building where time seems to have come to a stand still for tasty steamboat and delicious chicken rice. They serve pork satay as well on certain days.

A.l finally for the first time in 2 yrs met a friend of mine. I dunno if it was a good thing hahaha. Anyway dinner went pretty ok, but it just wasn't a "good" dinner to A.l without snitching on me and my silly antics to Jan. So there I was ..sandwiched between the two of them, grinning like an idiot when he went rattling off.

So much for that painful moment during dinner. A.l was game enough to drive us up to Mt faber for some drinks. Has been awhile since I was there. The uphill drive was torturous to me though.
We stopped by Hill top Bistro for coffee and tea..and stayed there quite awhile.

The view is okay..can't say breathtaking since it is nothing comparable to some other places in S'pore. But still it was a refreshing change to be up at the s'pore's hilltop :P ( kinda miss HK's Peak.. they too have cafes overlooking the island..but the view is so much nicer.. )




Some of the things that transpired last night was too close for comfort. Still it was good to have Jan for company .

Sunday

Hey, I am on Facebook now as I am typing out this entry. I actually had the account for ages but never bothered to log in. Not until dear Mus told me that there's so much going on there and way more fun than being on old boring Friendster. And I never look back after that hahaha. Like so many other friends and s'poreans.. I can spend hours each week on Facebook.. superpoking my friends, throwing them sheeps /chickens, buying one another rounds after rounds of virtual drinks. Oh, we can also keep pets..and pet owners can hop around pages to pet or feed other pets to earn munies for the upkeep of pets :)

There are so many applications u can choose from to have on your page. But it can get a little cluttered if you add on every single application your friends send u . So you have to select the ones that really interest you. It's great to see so many of my friends on facebook now heehe :P

***************

There hasn't been a night in the past one week that I haven't have dreams. It is that bad. The things or people I thought of or hang out with in the day entered my dreams when I sleep. Last night's dream is still vividly imprinted in my mind. Why did I even dream of him after so long .. argh ! :P But yeah, Jan and I briefly mentioned about him last night. *shrugs*

3 comments:

Sheldon Wee said...

Beach road steamboat? I thought there mainly muslim food ._.

Eileen. 静 said...

it;s at golden mile tower..

hehe..i just edited my entry. but no photo taken coz i have been there for countless times..and alot of people have blogged with pics on this place :) no need to repeat liao :p

Julian said...

*throws rubber chicken at eileen* ha ha

Hey don't dream of me hor..or else you won't want to wake up. *chuckles*