Sunday, September 16, 2007

The night I saw the bright silver Chariot

Friday 14 Sept
Soup Restaurant Revisit

It was small gathering with my friends from stomp30s :) I kinda prefer a smaller group, it makes interaction easier. It was great meeting Randy, Alicia, Ami and Ivan . Alas Liz couldn't make it at the last minute. (we miss you!) . Orchard as usual was crowded and full of life on a Friday evening. Decision as to where to eat was quite easy.. it was much of "see which que is shorter..then we eat where'' kinda elimination decision :P

Soup restaurant it was then . It was my first time eating at the Paragon outlet . I didn't like the fact that we were given a rectangular table. A round one would be much preferred. It makes communication easier and also easier to reach out to the food. Oh well... the food and after dinner gossips chat made up for the lack of ambience... * Alicia 小妹 was posing questions to the 姐姐和哥哥们 about skincare and makeup 101! It was really an eye opener for both the "asker" and "askees" :P

Ah, no group pics this time round. Unfortunately no one except me was in the cam whoring mood. But there is always the mandatory yummy lip smacking food pics :)


We round up the night with another talk co_k sing song session at Starbucks (next to crownprince) . Randy couldn't join us as he has to finish his report... well.. work beckons. So..mr ivan had the company of 3 pretty girls.. *cough cough* Isn't he lucky!?! We parted for the night after much laughter and banter.

0000OOO0000

Saturday 15 Sept
Shopping @ suntec

I texted Jandy after I was done with work and chores in the afternoon. It was kinda our usual routine....we would text and meet up for dinner if both of us are free. It was slightly special today as Irene joined us :) Both Jan and her went for a hair cut. I only met them after they were done.

We shopped and ate..and shopped :P Not much damage on my part.. just bought a pair of shorts from *ahem* this fashion. Yes yes, i know.. but hey, some of the clothes ain't too bad you know. Must have the time to go through the rack to find gems :) One thing though..the prices have increased over the years, but still very affordable and easy on the pocket, especially for fad clothing items which I would prob. just wear for the moment b4 the trend dies down.

After all the walking, Swenson's was a good respite. Nope, we did not chomp down on sundaes or ice cream. We tried the 'mix your own yogurt' ! Jan tried it and said it was nice :) Go try it.

Mine was blueberry and raspberry.. argh! Way too sour :P Both Irene's and Jan's combinations were sweet. Kinda forgot what was the other flavor Irene chose.


Oh, for some reason, someone brought up the issue of birthdays..and it was only there and then did Irene revealed that 16th Sept *sunday* is her birthday :) We were suppose to catch a movie after dessert..but the birthday girl had to go home coz she forgot to bring her house keys . haha. Oh well.. never mind. Let's look forward to our Taiwan trip! :PpP

Happy Birthday Irene! Have a great one!!


Silver Chariot
11pm
Ah, I saw this brightly lighted chariot arriving at the my block carpark when I got home. I was attracted by the lights and went around the corner to take a look at the commotion. The entourage even had the traffic police to help out on the roads! It was making it's rounds to neighbouring areas.

Many Hindu devotees and their families were gathered around, handing to the priest a tray filled with an assortment of items *coconut, some leaves, a burning flame as well * The priest gave his blessings and handed the tray back to the devotee. It's pretty interesting as we rarely get to see this. Many people gathered around and quite a few people were snapping away with their phone cameras *so did I * One person was even using an SLR .



*I wrote the above in the wee hours (Sunday 2am? )..anyway, you can read more about it in today's sunday times( there's a small paragraph written on this) *
-------------

Warning! Do not scroll down any further if you have no wish to see my photo. Stop here.. close this tab/window. ( pls ..of coz i am fully aware there are people out there who dislike me..but yet still read my blog )



I realised I haven't been posting any photos of myself of late..here's one with me wearing the Freshkon Alluring eyes contact lenses :p It does make me appear 'fresher' and brings more life to my eyes :P I did not do any photoshop to my eyes... but yes, i PS the photo itself..but not my face or anything..just the colors.





4 comments:

incognito said...

wow your eyes look sharp

Anonymous said...

Me wans ice cream! *pouts*

Eileen. 静 said...

thanks incognito :)

croccy...that is yogurt ..not ice cream :}

Sheldon Wee said...

So good ._.

Lets see what I was doing on the 14th, serving the nation

doh :(