Sunday, August 12, 2007

Island Creamey

I was oblivious to this ice cream 'stall' right next to the 7-11 , opposite of Mac at the basement of Centerpoint. Gosh, I mean I have heard of Island Creamey for the longest time but just never got the chance to eat it. Yes, never quite made it all the way to Serene Center i don't hang out there..

I was quite surprise and pleased when my eyes spotted the stall yesterday as I walked in to the basement (was going to hair inn for my haircut). I knew I just had to eat it hehe :) And so, there I was talking to the nice lady and I asked what were their popular flavors. Teh terik and pulut hitam, she replied. Like most ice cream stalls these days, they do allow sampling. So i tried the pulut hitam..and it tasted sweet ..but I wasn't swoon over by it since I am not a big fan of the black rice :P

My eyes were darting around..looking at the interesting varieties, such as holicks, kalua latte, soursop etc. Then I decided to try very berry..and yeah, I was bought over by this. It isn't overly sweet, and has real fruits in it, albeit kinda frozen. Best of all, the price was far too "reasonable'' ..one scoop going for $2.50 . The lady was quite generous ..I had a big one scoop! *tee hee hee *



As with all desserts, it is best eaten with friends :) Shall we go to Bukit Timah soon? Or perhaps I shall just be contented with the little stall in Centerpoint for the time being :)

Island Creamery

1F Serene Centre
10 Jalan Serene
S 258748

Opening Hours: Mon-Sun: 11am-10pm
Tel: 6468 8859

Centerpoint Basement
Next to 7-11

No comments: