Thursday, November 16, 2006

Update--photo and thread removed

*Update*

The photo and comments have been taken off the website upon my request. I wouldn't be sending anymore photos to the website. Yes I may be over reacting you say, but if you have read the comments made by that person (towards me), perhaps you would feel insulted as well if you were in my shoes. I can hear you saying I should take it with a pinch of salt, just that, I don't wish to give that person such a chance to flame me.

With all that has been said, I will still continue to participate in public forums.

------------------------
I don't think I did anything wrong by responding to Stomp's "invitation" to send in photos . It was up to the editors' discretion whether to post or not to post what readers have sent in. Honestly it didn't cross my mind that I would come under such cross fire. Perhaps the person who made the comments in the thread was the said person in the photos. *if so..i apologise* Whatever it is, I wasn't the only one sending in similar photos of commuters in trains.

All I can say to this issue-- Lesson learnt.

Here's what I found on Stomp's disclaimer--

The materials you post in STOMP must be owned by you. This means you must be the intellectual property rights (IPR) owner of the materials. By placing them in STOMP or submitting them to us, you irrevocably grant us permission to reproduce them in any medium belonging to us. We may deal with the materials you post in STOMP in whatever ways.

Perhaps Straits Times Stomp should reconsider this new form of "journalism". Rest assured I wouldn't be sending in anymore photos to similar platform ie Stomp.

*kicks herself for being nosey"

Will check back the page for updates..not sure what other comments will that particular person make. *Pouts n sulks *




No comments: