Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ramayana Under the Stars-- Gamelan and Wayang

22 May 2010
Stamford Green ( space outside of National Museum )

I was at the Peranakan Museum event last Saturday.
There was a joint performance by Gamelan Naga Kencana (RP), Singa Nglaras Gamelan Ensemble (NUS), and Gamelan Asmaradana.

I couldn't commit to the practices, so had to give this performance a miss. What a pity. But I had fun being an audience for a change! It was great catching up with everyone....

There were stalls set up with activities for the whole family. There's face/hand painting, caricature picture painting , balloon twisting for kids as well as yummy food stalls to cater to the hungry tummies .


I am too tired to write more... so..

Enjoy the photos!





Dear Yoki brought along her niece and nephew to the event Boy with balloon hat is Cody and girl in white polo is his sister Charmaine
They're very cute! and of coz.. my nicole is there too but she missed the kids coz they went home liao


Highlights of the performances



our fav. Pak Midi was there
and he was the dalang for the wayang


I miss these people!!
It was great catching up :)



We did henna on our hands!
it's a first for me :D


Nicole had so much fun
Helena looked so grown up here
( can't imagine she was just a kiddo
when we first knew her )


check out the crowd :)

No comments: